Tuesday, September 27, 2011

¡ábreme! 09/27/11 week 33

it´s the most wonderful time of the...day :)

Hello my dear family, I was so happy to hear from you this week!  It sounds like everyone is keeping super super busy!
Today marks the end of my fourth transfer, and I can´t believe that Ive already been here that long....sort of disturbing to tell the truth.  I´m have not yet been informed as to what will be happening next transfer, so telling you about the next transfer will have to wait until next week.
Here in Santa Fe, it is beginning to get, digamos, HACE CALOR...o sea, es cierto que voy a morir en algunos dias. It´s supposedly supposed to get the most hot in Santa Fe out of anywhere else in the country due to humidity, so i may or may not be hoping that the Lord´s plans for my work will take it´s course somewhere more.....bearable?  Ha, I´ll let you know about that.
This week Elder Bryce and I worked hard, and thinking about a phrase in Preach my Gospel that says that "no effort goes wasted" we continued to spread the gospel, and it appears that for now we are mostly planting the seeds instead of harvesting.  It´s been a trial for me the last couple of weeks, not having many people progressing towards baptism, but it has also humbled me to caused me to focus on doing the Lord´s will and realize that the work moves forth at his pace and in his time. 
One of my "fun" experiences of the week is that we went one day to a less active members house and removed two trees that were in her backyard.  For two of us, it seemed like it would be a simple task...but as we began i came to realize of many horrorous factors - the ground around the tree was rock hard, due to layers and layers of garbage under the earth ha, it was 2 billion degrees, the equipment we were using was removing more skin from our hands than dirt from the ground, and the trees were quite stubborn.  but as we labored hard through the difficulties, we eventually removed the trees :) and we were happy and got to drink some soda after (just 2 of the...many benefits)  Now, i´ve decided to make an analogy (haha) of this event.  As members of the church, we´ve all been called to labor in the Lord´s vineyard, whether in our callings, missionary work, giving to the poor and needy, or other forms of service.  Many times when called upon to fulfill such duties, we come to realize that it may be a little harder than at first glance, and we think we are receiving more hardships than blessings sometimes ha.  As we trust in the Lord and continue laboring diligently, we will be given the strength to complete any task and receive the blessings of having learned from the experience, and continually having our thirst quenched from the fountain of many waters :) (just as i did with the soda)  I hope any of that made sense, and I'm not really sure why i decided to make an analogy out of that anyway.....just trying to find optimistim to combat the fact of having super sore hands :)

Anyway, scripture of the week is James 2:10. Keeping ALL of the commandments at all times is the only way to become a true disciple of Christ.  As in Revelations 3:16-17, the Lord doesn´t want those that are "lukewarm".  These two scriptures have really helped me dedicate more effort into being obedient to all aspects of the gospel, and continually learning and progressing to become like the Savior.  We all have our weaknesses, but as we but All of our trust in the Lord, nothing is impossible.

What else to say.....still loving the work!  I absolutely love Spanish (even when i hate it), and I know this church is true.
I´m glad to hear that everything is continuing to go well at home and in all the various places where our family is currently.  I´m happy to hear that the storytelling festival was the best one yet!  Also Dad, keep doing work over there in Miami!  And i´m happy to hear you have plenty of work ahead of you with those ziplines.  I wish i could be there to help you build the "motherboards" like we used to do, but i´ll make sure to be lending you a hand in 16 months.  Also, I´m super excited to hear that the baby of Casey and Kari is soon due!  My prayers are with you, and i can´t wait to see pictures (hint hint).  Also mom, I haven´t gotten the package yet, but i´ll keep you posted on that....it´s very possible that i receive it here with transfers.  I´m also impressed that you were able to harvest 9 pumpkins from one plant.  booyeah.  Also, i´m glad to hear that Elder Henriksen is still....alive after that experience of being robbed.  Sounds pretty intense, but i´m glad that he´s doing well.  Tell Allison and Todd that I love them as well and am praying for their comfort and well being. Also, wish Jamison the best of luck for me!  He´s a stud and I know he´s going to do well out here in the work, especially serving in the best country in the world! (2nd best......united states is home.) 
well, i´ll end this letter for the reals now.  Thanks for all your support, love, and prayers.  The work is amazing, and time is flying by super fast. almost 8 months already. wow.  Love you all, have a splendidly week.

Elder Winger

No comments:

Post a Comment