Monday, December 3, 2012

Thankgiving!!! = Happy birthday to Elder Paredes 11/19/12 Week 92

HEY FAMILY!!!!

THANKSGIVING is just around the corner. Lucky for me my companions birthday is today, and for his present i bought him a delightful lunch. A big-mac combo meal. Haha, it´s not quite like thanksgiving at grandma´s house, but i´ll be eating plenty of food anyways :)
Today we received the announcement of new transfers! I´ll be remaining here in Azcuenaga for another transfer as zone leader. That´ll make it 9 months in 6 weeks. Haha, it´s quite a long time to be in one area, but i really do love it here and it´ll be fun to keep at it here. I think when i received the call to serve in the Rosario Argentina mission, the Lord literally meant only the city of Rosario. In 6 weeks i´ll have the achievement of 15 straight months here. hoo ra rosario.

This week was quite interesting! So sunday, i was expecting to be leaving this area to go to another, so i basically gave my farewells to all the members and investigators here, so i sent a few pictures of that....but i can´t wait to see the traumatized faces this sunday of everyone at church. Elder "the curse" Winger is here for another round. haha, they don´t actually call me that..... yet.

We had 2 investigators in church this sunday, Hector and Maria. When the Lord said that people are being prepared by angels to receive the gospel, he was telling the truth. This couple has come to church 2 weeks in a row, are reading the book of mormon, Teachings of George Albert Smith, Principles of the Gospel, and pamphlets of the commandments. When we pass by their house to teach a lesson, instead of asking them if they read and what they read, i ask "what didn´t you read?" They are an incredible family and have a baptismal date for the first week of January. In our last lesson, we talked about the book of mormon and left a pamphlet of the Word of Wisdom for them to read before our next visit. When we went by a couple of days later, before even starting the lesson, Hector told us that he was down to 1-2 cigarettes per day. We asked him, "how many were you smoking before" and he told us, "30." God is a God of miracles. And that leads me to the scripture of the week!

John 15:5 5 I am the avine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without bme ye can do nothing.
Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your aunbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have bfaith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this cmountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be dimpossible unto you.

Moroni 7:33 And Christ hath said: aIf ye will have bfaith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is cexpedient in me.
I know that faith is a principle of power. Thank you so much family for everything! I´m so grateful to hear that everything is doing well and i thank God everyday for your well being. I´m happy to hear about all the adventure planning going down (plenty of golf and family time) and it´ll be SO FUN. It means so much to have a family like mine. I wish you a fantastic week and, until the next, keep safe and happy.

Elder Winger

No comments:

Post a Comment