Monday, December 3, 2012

Tis the season! 11/05/12 Week 90

hey hey hey fam!

As the holiday season approaches, we are preparing ourselves for a successful, yet toasty summer. we are currently at around 93 degrees or so with time to spare :) Hopefully my skin will turn itself brown instead of burn haha i wouldn´t mind tanning a little bit.
So this week was interesting, we had our monthly zone leaders meeting at the mission home, and President had just recently returned from a mission president´s convention where Elder Oaks, Elder Bednar, and Elder Hallstrom were present. It was a powerful experience to hear President´s remarks about the meeting and it´s always motivating to hear the support and counsel from the leaders of the church. I´m in a really interesting point of my mission as my feelings, desires, and thoughts are swirling around. The time is beginning to wind down but there is always so much to do! This past week i really took the time to enjoy, which sometimes is hard to remember to do in life haha. Anyways, i´d like to share a scripture with you!

Scripture of the week: Doctrine and Covenants 33:3, 16-18

3 For behold, the afield is bwhite already to harvest; and it is the celeventh hour, and the last time that I shall call dlaborers into my vineyard.
16 And the Book of Mormon and the holy scriptures are given of me for your ainstruction; and the power of my bSpirit cquickeneth all things.
17 Wherefore, be faithful, praying always, having your alamps btrimmed and burning, and oil with you, that you may be cready at the coming of the dBridegroom
18 For behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, that I acome quickly. Even so. Amen.

it has never been more evident, neither more important, to prepare ourselves for the approaching, second coming of the Savior. I know the reading and applying the book of mormon and scriptures are essential in helping us to "trim our lamps" and prepare ourselves for the day.

I love the Lord and his glorious work. I know this is his church and his kingdom and that Jesus Christ will come again.

Hope you have an incredible week and keep safe!!!! Love you so much and miss you.

Elder Winger

No comments:

Post a Comment