Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hola otra vez! 03/09/11 Week 5

Hola otra vez!
     Well, today officially marks one month out.  Pretty crazy!  It's gone way fast, already 1/24 of the way finished.......anyway,  things are still going really good here, but today was quite the eventful week for a couple things.  First, my companion and I have been called to be zone leaders.  We are currently be trained this week and will start next week.  I definitely didn't see it comin, but I'm going to do my absolute best and trust in the Lord to watch over the Elders and Hermanas of this branch.  It's been a tough week for Elder Smart, and I'm having sort of a hard time helping him cope and to stay 100 percent focused on the work.  His girlfriend's mom has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer within the last week, and supposedly doesn't have too long of a time, maybe months, since they didn't catch it til the later stages.  On top of that, his really good friend who is here, Elder Mendel, had a cousin who got ran over by a car and killed this week. She's leaving behind 5 kids under the age of 11.  So, I'm so grateful for the opportunity to share such a marvelous message that strengthens us and helps us significantely to cope with tragedies like these.  I'm so grateful for the safety of our family and i say prayers continually for you.  Thank you so much for keeping in touch and sending me surprise packages of goodies haha, looks like I'm all lined up for St. Patty's day!  As far as the language and teaching goes, its coming along ha.  I don't feel like I'm progressing as quickly as I was at the beginning, and that I've sort of hit a wall..but I'm continuing to push forward ha.  I've truly come to realize just how important the spirit is in this whole work, it's unbelievable.  Teaching with the spirit is everything out here.  A quote I heard from Elder Richards yesterday, a member of the second quorum of the seventy, said that "If you teach the truth without the spirit, you aren't teaching the truth."  That hit me quite hard, and I've really put more emphasis and motivation on teaching with the spirit rather than my own intellect or things I know.  It's not about what I want to say, but what the Lord wants me to say to people, cuz he knows them.
   I can't wait to hear all about Spring Break!  I bet the BYU art museum is way cool, so you'll have to let me know how that is.  Also mom, thanks for sending the scentsy catalog, the Elderes are stoked about it haha, so I'll be sending you orders of things they want soon.  They wanted me to ask you if they get a "missionary discount" or if everything is full price ;)  Also, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, so I'll mention it again.  I'm currently in a competition with Elder Hudgens called "The Biggest Gainer."  We are four weeks in, both beginning at 130 pounds.  Whoever weighs the most by the time we leave claims victory.  As of yesterday, the official weigh-ins are:  Elder Hudgens: 139.4  Elder Winger: 138.6.  So the race is pretty close, and we've gained quite a bit of weight so far haha, i'm comin home a tank fyi.  Well, not much else to say, things are continuing on.  Can't wait to get pictures soon from you though!  Also, if any of my friends read this, i want pictures from you too (hint hint).  Thank you all for the letters, I love hearing about how you are all doing, so keep me posted.   Me encanta el Evangelio de Jesucristo.  Estoy agradecido por todos los bendiciones en mi vida.  Yo se que este es el trabajo de Dios.  I love you so much everyone and miss you.  The church is true!!  I can't wait to get to Argentina and teach the gospel! Oh, and eat and play me some futbol :)  Les Amo Para Siempre.
~Elder Winger
p.s.  Happy Birthday Jake!  Sorry i missed it :(  oh and mom, i actually leave on April 11th i think, but that's absolutely amazing that your baptism anniversary is on the 12th!  GNARLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment