Sunday, June 19, 2011

¡FAMILA! 0‏ 6/13/11 Week 19

¡HOLA!   WEEEEEEEEHOOOOO.  I´m super happy today, I´m so grateful to be serving the Lord!

How´s everyone doing?  Can´t wait to hear all about the Florida adventure!  I know you´re all going to have an amazing time.  The work continues forth here in Parque del Sur.  This week was a little bit of a roller coaster, and we didn´t get as much done as i planned, but we continue on.  On Thursday, Elder Pixton got sick, so we couldn´t get out and work much...so i spent a lot of time just studying and just trying to stay sane inside the pension haha.  But this past week a couple of awesome things happened!  First of all, i got the package that you sent for me with all the goodies!  Thank you so much, definitely was an amazing treat for me....and Elder Pixton since I ¨"have to share" with him jaja.  Anyway, i was a little saddened though....i think you might have forgotten to put my contacts in box. oops.  Oh well though, two months of contacts can easily last 20, no worries :)  Anyway, also this past Sunday we had Stake Conference.  It combined about 10 wards, which was probably equal to 1.5 Utah wards ha, and we all met together at the centro de Estaca.  Anyway, Elder Pixton and I have had trouble getting people to commit to coming to the church on Sundays, but we managed to get a mom and daughter to come along with us this week!  They are so amazing!  But anyway, we got to hear from Elder Civic from the Quorum of the 70, Elder Anderson and Elder Packer from the Quorum of the 12!  They did a broadcast to all the stakes in Argentina, so it was very cool.  I didn´t exactly understand everything that they said, but I definitely felt the spirit super strong and took away some very powerful teachings that i can apply in my life.  Anyway, it was a little bit of a rough first impression for our two investigators....we sat towards the very back and were surrounded by families with lots of little, young, little, kids.  Stake Conference = 2 hours...time span of children =27.3 minutes.  Entonces, it quickly got quite loud while we were trying to listen to the talks, and our investigators looked a little weirded out as a little kid sitting behind us kept nudging all of us and laughing....but it was a great experience ha.  Its hard for me to remember everything that happens from week to week haha, i can´t believe how fast the time is flying.  Anyway, one of my embarrassing stories for the week is that we were riding on the colectivo one day (bus) and i had gotten some change from a man at a kiosco, since on the colectivo you can only pay with change and not bills.  Anyway, Elder Pixton and I got on the bus and as i began to pay i realized that i only had 4 pesos worth of change, and the colectivo costs 4.60. uh oh.  So to make a long story short, i ended up causing a huge line behind me, a lady that was a good Samaritan gave me 60 centavos eventualmente, and finally after i dropped about half the coins, picked them up, apologized to the bus driver and the line, i finally was able to take a nice comfy seat on the bus.  it was fun.  Also, as you can imagine, I still make some pretty funny mistakes with the Spanish.  Yesterday i was talking to a family and i asked where the husbands wife was.  Well the word for husband is esposo or marido, and the word for wife is esposa.....but i clearly made the connection that wife should also be marida...with an a.  Logical right?  Anyway, when i formed the question ¿Donde está su marida?  i had guessed wrong, and never really figured out what marida actually meant...or if it meant anything....but everyone just laughed ha.  Anyway, the Spanish is coming along very well obviously ;) and I'm just having a blast and doing the best i can to be the Lord´s instrument.  It´s crazy that 8 weeks have already passed by, and i still i have SOO much to learn, but I've been having the time of my life.  My thought for you this week comes from Alma 7:7-16, talking about the everlasting Atonement of our Savior.  Anyway, I want to read you a quote that I absolutely love from Bruce C. Hafen in the Apr. 1990 Ensign, addressing all members of the church.  "Some Church members feel weighed down with discouragement about the circumstances of their personal lives, even when they are making sustained and admirable efforts.  Frequently these feelings of self-disappointment come not from wrongdoing, but from stresses and troubles for which we may not be fully to blame.  The Atonement of Jesus Christ applies to these experiences because it applies to all of life.  The Savior can wipe away all of our fears, after all we can do....the Savior´s atonement is...the healing power not only for sin, but also for carelessness, inadequacy, and all mortal bitterness.  The Atonement is not just for sinners."   Jesus Christ is our Brother, Savior, and best friend.  He´s overcome every obstacle and defeated every enemy.  It is through him that we can experience the healing power for any test in our lives, big or small.  I experience the blessings of the Atonement everyday in my life, and as i have my fair share of carelessness, inadequacy (definitely), and shortcomings, it is the love the Savior has for me and every one of us that can give us the strength to climb the wall of misery.  He lives, and he will come again.  So my message for you, always keep an eye single to the Savior.  Our realistic objective in this life is simply to do the best we can to obey his commandments.  Beautifully simple, simply beautiful.  I hope you all are doing well my loving family and friends.  I pray for you everyday, for the strength to continue on in FELICIDAD :) ;) now and forever.  Another week gone by, and I know the next one will fly by as quickly as the last one went.  Enjoy every minute!  I love you all so much.  Don´t have to much fun while i´m gone ;)  Take care, and for all my friends that have written me....i´m working on it k haha, i know i´m a terrible friend, but i´ll send you a letter as soon as i get the time.  ¡Ciao!

Elder Winger

P.S.  Frase de la semana por Elder Pixton y yo:  I am a man......and i can change.......if i have to......i guess

No comments:

Post a Comment