Monday, June 27, 2011

Lunes 27 de Junio de 2011‏ Week 21

Hey fam!

It was so great to hear about your adventures in Florida!  Can´t wait to see some pictures!  I´m so happy that you all had a great time and it sounds like you had plenty of fun for me as well haha.  Also, first things first, i must say that the name Nixon as a possibility for the name of the baby of Casey and Kari is awesome.  I'm definitely a fan haha, so put my vote down for that one ha.  Also, I´m sad to hear that the Alien ride at the parks is gone, i can remember how scared i was of that......oh the memories ha, but that´s too bad.  Anyway, had another great week here down in Argentina.  I´m super excited for the baptism that we have coming up this Saturday!  Should be a great time.  We ate with her family yesterday and had Polenta (basically cream of wheat, except corn) and it was good.  I can´t believe this transfer is almost already over!  I´m almost onto my third transfer here and I still don´t know Spanish ;) i´ve had a couple of amazing experiences this week where the language suddenly took off during lessons and i could literally sense the Gift of Tongues in the moment.  It was a very special experience for me and it was definitely a huge reassurance of how this whole work is the work of our Savior and i´m simply an instrument.  This week I actually did a little bit more cooking as well.  Milanesas and rice. mm.  That´s about the extent of my cooking right now besides cereal and toast haha since we don´t have much time to cook, and the members feed us the majority of days, which is a huge blessing.  I don´t really have much time to write this week, but i want you to know that I'm doing great and am having the time of my life!  I see the blessings of the lord everyday, and without the gifts of the spirit and his constant guidance, i could not do this work.  My thought for you this week comes from M. Russell Ballard, which hit me like a tank and i couldn´t say it better myself "Many of our missionaries begin their missions thinking they are going to repay Heavenly Father for his goodness towards them by serving Him for 2 years.  But, before long they learn an important eternal truth: You can never do more for the Lord than he can do for you."  Honestly, I definitely started out as one of those missionaries, but I have come to know for a surety that the Lord has always done more for me than I can ever repay.  What a privilege to serve him and bear his name on the plaque that i wear everyday.  I´ve also realized the power of prayer in receiving revelation.  My scripture for you this week is D&C 6, which is an amazing seccion, but i´m just going to quote verses 14-16. "Verily, verily, i say unto thee, blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast inquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my spirit.  If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time.  Behold, thou knowest that thou hast inquired of me and I did enlighten my mind; and now I tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou hast been enlightened by the Spirit of truth;  Yea, I tell thee, that thou mayest know that there is none else save God that knowest thy thoughts and the intents of thy heart."  As children of a loving heavenly Father, and members of his kingdom on the Earth, we have the opportunity to receive personal revelation for our lives through the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I know that God hears every prayer, and I know that as we listen carefully for the promptings of the spirit, always looking to do good, he will guide our paths and as we look at where we are in our lives and the blessings we´ve received, we can know for a surety that we had been led by Him, even if we didn´t recognize it in the moment.  Always seek to follow the guidance of the spirit, for I testify that it´s companionship is real, and the Lord really does know the best for us, and will help us if we simply ask and do.  Thanks so much for your emails and words of encouragement!  I´ve been so blessed here and will continue working and striving to be "the missionary my mother thinks i am" :).  The work here in Parque del Sur has been a little slow lately, including one day where we had 45 rejections in a row haha, door to door contacting.  But i know there are people that are here, prepared to hear the Gospel.  Fun fact of the week: during lunch with Milagros and her family, they said Elder Pixton looked like the actor that plays voldemort and that I look like Lucus Gabreel or something...apparently a character from High School Musical named Ryan Evans.....anyway, officially we go by the names Elder Evans and Elder Voldemort.  haha.  Oh, and I forgot to mention that the weather is getting very cold here!  Not cold enough to snow.....but the humidity is where it gets me ha, right to the bone.  Makes getting up in the mornings a little less fun ;).  Also mom, i´ll be looking forward to getting the contacts, and also, I hope that Elder Henriksen gets his Visa soon!  He´s going to love Argentina!!  Anyway, talk to you next week, love you all!!

Elder Winger

No comments:

Post a Comment