Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I looked out the window and what did i see? It was the owl again, staring at me 03/12/2012 Week 57

Family and Friends!

Wee Hoo Hah, here I am once again writing another email, i can´t believe it. The time just seems to go faster and faster and I´m loving every moment out here.
I want to start out by share an inspiring quote that I heard on a church video this week:
It was a short documentary dealio of a girl that surfs in Hawaii that´s a member of the church. oh yeah, and she´s a professional surfer. But she shared her testimony of the gospel and how it´s the most important thing in her life. One thing that she said was, "I like to surf, but I´m not a surfer. I´m a daughter of God." When I heard that, it impacted me hard. It´s so TRUE! I spent time thinking about all the things that I like to do in life, and especially before the mission. Play the guitar, soccer, golf....etc. But this quote can really apply to all of us. "I like to play guitar, but i´m not a guitarist. I´m a son of God." The Gospel gives us the truth about our purpose in our life and helps us focus on our eternal potentcial. Just wanted to share that with you.
This week we had success in finding some more investigators, and an especially strengthened testimony that God guides us to those that will hearken to his voice. I don´t have time to tell you the story about finding Juan right now, but it was a cool experience :) sorry for leaving you hangin.
Well, I´ve already got to go, but have a great week!

Love you all, and take care of yourselves,

Elder Winger

p.s. The owl still takes care of us everyday, every night, and every second. It´s creepy, especially when you wake up at 3 in the morning to see him staring directly at you from outside.....

p.s.s. And with the photos....can you explain how that´s possible to me? :0


No comments:

Post a Comment