Monday, June 4, 2012

First step in the rain...and my foot´s already soaked :( 05/21/12 Week 66

howdy!

So, as the title mentions, we´ve had a few days of rain this week. As I showed you last Sunday, my shoes have weathered, aren´t exactly capable of handling such weather. But today, I bought myself a new pair and everythings fine and dandy...and i´m thinkin that they´ll last the 8.5 months... so, it´s fantastic to know now that I can walk without the fear of stepping on a mis-placed nail or doggy dung that won´t touch my bare skin :)
This week went well, but we are a little low on our quantity of investigators. We´re basically in hunting mode at the moment, but hopefully this coming Saturday we will have a baptism for our investigator Angela. We´re praying fervently!
So I´ve gotten to know a lot more of the members throughout the week, and there´s one family with 2 girls who are twins and also 20 years of age. I had about a million questions to answer when they found out that i had a twin as well ha. They send their greetings to the fam. Also, yesterday my companion was telling me about a restaurant that he heard about where only twins can enter...kinda weird, but i thought i would tell you that. So yeah tiff, maybe one day we´ll go there...if i find out where it is....and if it even exists.
I read a scripture this week that really showed me just how important it is for us to share the gospel with EVERYONE that we know and what our Father in Heaven expects of us as members of his church. It´s in Romans 10: 13-15 which says:

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
My testimony has grown in realizing that some of the greatest blessings and joys of the gospel come in the sharing of it. This scripture really helped me to realize my place in this work and what a privilege it is to help people to believe in Christ and be saved by him. No person es able to receive the gospel without first hearing it from another.
I guess I don´t have too much to write this week, but thanks for all your support and prayers. I hope that we can each find an opportunity to preach this gospel of peace that we have in our lives. I love you all!
Elder Winger

No comments:

Post a Comment