Monday, May 9, 2011

hola familia 0‏5/09/11 Week 14

hey!!
So I want to start out by saying i was so happy to be able to talk to you yesterday!  But, not gonna lie, i had a rough go yesterday after our call cut off 2.5 minutes early.....i felt terrible that i didn´t get to say goodbye...so here goes the rest of what i wanted to say ha.   mom, i hope you had the absolute best mothers day in the world.  you've done more for me than i can ever repay you back for.  so, happy mothers day-yesterday mom, i love you much.  The phone call definitely got me even more motivated to share this message, even though i had to pay the price of getting a little homesick as well ha.  i miss you all so much and i´m glad everyone is doing well.  thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to serve, i´ve been having the time of my life here.  i know this church is true and i see the hand of God in my life every day.  i´m so grateful to be a representative of his son Jesus Christ.  Anyway fam, it was awesome to get to talk to you yesterday.  also, today marks 3 months! pretty crazy ha, and i´m sure it´ll only start flying by even faster.   anyway, i also forgot to tell you yesterday that i´ve been rockin the comb over haha, everyday.  i should be getting a haircut today though, but it was quite the site while it lasted. also, i´m note sure if i mentioned to you that i could use reloads for the pentel scripture marking pen.  i know i´ve already asked for a million things, so don´t worry about it if it´s going to be a hassle.  let me know what president villalba says to Preston and Katie as well and if they are going to be able to come visit.  the transfer should end 16 days from today, and my comp leaves in 14 days...so i´m not sure what i´ll be doing for the two days in between ha, probably just join the other companionship in our pench. Elder Techeira says that i should probably be staying in the same area for the next transfer, so we will see what happens with that.  Also mom, thanks for sending the hallmark e-card!  I'm not able to view it because the internet and computers are old-school, but it´s the thought that counts :)  oh, another thing i didn´t mention yesterday was that every week we do a service project...and this past week we went to a persons house and pounded bricks with hammers. yeah, pretty manly.  he randomly had a ton of bricks from who knows where, and we just would pound away at them haha, it was very random.  Also saw a scorpion at their house, so that was kind of cool, Elder pixton who has been out a year says he hasn´t ever seen one so it was quite the treat. anyway, i thought id share a couple of escrituras with you now that have helped me and that i really enjoy.  the first one is Alma 29:9.  I have really recognized my nothingness without the Lord in my life, and so i really enjoy this scripture that says: "i know that which the lord hath commandem me, and i glory in it.  I do not glory of myself, but i glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps i may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."  my next scripture is found in 2peter 1:3-8.  as you read it, you can recognize it as the basis for the young women's theme haha, naming attributes such as faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.  in verse 8 it says that if we have these things within us, then we shall not be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I have a personal testimony of this principle.  I know that when we live the gospel of Jesus Christ and seek to follow our Savior each and everyday, God opens paths for us and makes his will known through the Spirit and through opportunities.  We can better come to know Christ by living his Gospel and studying, pondering, and praying about his teachings contained in the scriptures.  anyway, i think that´s enough preaching for one email, but i hope you can somehow apply these in your lives :).    i should be getting a cd made of pictures today as well.  anything else you would like me to do? anyway, i think that is about all for this week!  i love you so much family and friends, thank you for all the support and love.  and for those that i´m not able to write back on email...i´m working on letters whenever i find time haha.  the church is true. God lives and we are his children. ¡ciao!

Elder Winger

p.s.  Attribute for the week: humility (Mosiah 4:11-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment