Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It´s time for CHANGE! 01/31/2012 Week 51

3:12 P.M. 100% chance of rainshowers with calm winds from the southwest. My computer here says that its January 7 today....so i´ll trust it, and say it is. Today is the final day of transfer number 7! It´s been a day of much cleaning, some "rat hunting" (he got away), and i spilled gravy all over the stove after my comp barely finished cleaning it. its been a good day.
Yesterday, my dear friend and district leader Elder Hernandez said goodbye to his mission and this country. he will be boarding the plane tonight! He was a great example to me, and he´s got quite the schedule ahead of him. He starts school the 21st of February, his family moved from California to St. George while he has been here, so he has to give two homecoming talks in California and St. George, than go to BYU Idaho by the 21st. I´m sure glad i´m not him right now :)
Anyway, we will be experiencing some changes this transfer, which i´m pretty stoked about. My new greenie (i heard his name mentioned over the telephone as Grekor or something......something interesting) and he will be coming to Gálvez where i´ve been for the last 2 transfers. As i´m training my hijo, i´ll also be district leader, which just adds responsibility to the mix :( . Haha, it´ll be a great learning/growing experience and i am really looking forward to a couple of great transfers full of baptisms.
Elder Waid will be going up to señor companion in a place called Acevedo, and he´ll be living in the same apartment that i came from in my last area. He´ll be living with Elder Tague and he will be comps with Elder Guadagnin. So basically we are swip swapping spots.
The work is going well. We are planning on having a baptism this friday, which would be a great experience for my companion, but we have to work some things out still, but i´m praying everything goes through. We also have other investigators who are progressing well and hoping that we´ll have a handful of baptisms here in February.
I read a scripture this week that i really loved in Luke 18: 27 (i think) that says something like (it won´t be a perfect translation from spanish to english)- "and he said unto them: all things that are impossible with man are possible with God". How true that is. I can´t hardly believe that i´ve been out a year already, time flies by! It has been the experience of a lifetime, and there´s lots of work for me to do before i finish, so we are going to be hitting it hard. Thanks for all you prayers and support weekly. It really means the world to me and i love hearing about how everyone is doing. I can´t think of anything else to write at the moment......but i´ll talk to ya next week!
oh by the way, i attached a picture of me playing the kinect on p-day when we went to mcdonalds. Too Much Physical Activity. for me.

Con amor,

Elder Winger

p.s. mom- i was going to send "a nice picture of me smiling" but i forgot.
p.s.s. i´m happy to hear that the talks on sunday went well!!!!!!! bien hecho. also, i´m slightly jealous to hear that dad and tiff went snowboarding, but sounds super fun and i´m glad they had a good time :)
p.s.s.s. nada más

No comments:

Post a Comment