Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Justin Beiber is in my zone ‏ 07/17/12 Week 73/74

Top of the morning to ya.

So, i just finished writing a huge paragraph about why i wasn't able to write last monday, and all of a sudden the whole page just went blank........lñksdahgiowhgksñljgas.
anyway, lets just say it was one of those days where bad luck just seems to plague EVERYTHING (bus breaking down, power outages, forgetting essential items.) but now here i am, writing to my dear family once again :)
So Tiffani is headed off to Peru tomorrow!!!! That's so exciting!!! Ive already told all of the peruvian families (theres like.....2) that live in my ward that you are going there. They were pretty jealous haha. But you'll have to let me know all about it! I also got your letter that you wrote me....I've just been super bad at responding, just like i am with everyone else.......but guess what, the prices went up here again for sending laters home.......when i got here in the mission, it was about 7 pesos per letter....now its 11 (or a little less that three dollars). Even though that's not an excuse, its an interesting fact.
So we are still working hard here in my area of Azcuenaga. We have transfers tomorrow and i found out that........................drum roll...............................I'm staying here! shocker! with Elder Bravo. haha, my little el salvadorian not escaping my wrath for at least another 6 weeks. It'll be fun because we get along good.....but he has a knack for attempting to make me "super trunky" about home since we are both going home in february. But it doesn't work and he just ends up "killing" himself haha. Anyway, thats what we are up to.
On Saturday we had a legit stake activity that we missionaries put together called "A trip with the Nephites" We used the whole stake center to make different sections, and the activity is set up so that the participants find themselves living in book of mormon times (including the travel from jerusalem, wandering through a maze of chairs to find and slay laban, lehis tent, boat building, zarahemla, nephite battles, and the coming of Jesus Christ. Every section had games and food, and it turned out really well. We began setting everything up saturday morning and it was really tiring.....we were expecting about 150 people, but unfortunately only 40 ended up making it. bleh, bummer, but it was fun anyway. President Giuliani and his wife made it as well and enjoyed it. Its been quite some time since an activity like this has been done, so it was good.
Here in Azcuenaga we are currently in "search mode" to find new investigators. gotta love clapping those doors.
So anyway, theres an Elder Farley from Utah in my zone who i never mentioned....hes pretty psycho haha. Hes my super redneck friend. But yeah, EVERYONE tells him that he looks just like Justin Beiber, so everytime i see him i sing "baby, baby, baby, oooh!" he hates it :)
Welp, that's the update that I've got for you, it sounds like everythings nice and toasty at home! Its strangely warm here too........short sleeve shirts for the majority of the winter. hmm...global warming.
Sorry about not sending pictures lately, ill be getting better at that.
I love you all so much and thanks for your constant letters and prayers. I love being a missionary and i love the gospel. Take care of yourselves this week........and i will too, making sure i don't slam my face into the wooden floor while doing morning yoga.

Elder Tanner Winger!

No comments:

Post a Comment