Thursday, October 11, 2012

HEYYYYY! 09/24/12 Week 84

1 Thessalonians 5: 21 aProve all things; hold fast that which is good.

My testimony of the book of mormon is now one that i "hold fast" to and will never let go, neither shall i allow it to diminish. As I study it daily, i continue to strengthen my testimony and "hold fast" to it. I know it is the word of God, and it has brought me closer to him and Jesus Christ. But, only by properly "proving it" are we able to come to know, just as any other. The promise given by Moroni (Moroni 10:3-5) is one that can be frequently renewed and retested in order to strengthen that spiritual testimony and help us "hold fast" to all that which is good, which is God. We don´t need to prove to the world that the Book of Mormon is true...it´s its own proof!

This week was fantastic! We had a meeting with President Giuliani and our Stake Presdient in order to talk about the status of the stake. We have a grand goal to complete by working more with the members of the wards, and Elder Paredes and I have seen success thus far! We gave a baptismal date to a man named Emmanuel this week, who is the neighbor of a member- family, we are going to be teaching the neighbor of our bishop this week, and we are teaching Estela, who is the friend of a few of the members of the ward. I have definitely learned that the best way to do missionary work is to not do it alone....but with members! Also, another powerful experience that I had during the meeting was just as we were about to leave, the Stake President grabbed my shoulder, looked me in the eyes and among one of the things he said was "What you have in your hands is the truth." As I have reflected for the past few days on that comment, I have become more and more grateful for all those who have given and raised me in this gospel. We have the truth, and unfortunately we are few. I know that their are many many people searching for the truth, but simply don´t know where to find it. It´s a privilege to search for those people, and I know that we can all make the effort to share the gospel with those around us who don´t have it, or who have simply wandered from the path.

I´m glad to here that everyone is doing so well! I´m so grateful that the Lord has watched over us so much. I hope you all have an amazing week! Let your light shine

Oh, and mom, I received my credit card so you can activate it.....and i could also use a few pairs of socks :) :) Love you!

Elder Winger 

1 comment:

  1. The woman of Rev 12 is now here. She is not a church, she is not Israel, and she is not Mary. She is the prophet like unto Moses and Elijah Matt 17:3, Acts 3:21-23, Luke 1:17 delivering the true word John 1:1 from the wilderness to prepare a people for the Lord’s return. God our Father will not put any child of his into a hell fire no matter what their sins. It never entered the heart or mind of God to ever do such a thing Jer7:31, Jer 19:5. Turn your heart to the children of God. A gift is now delivered to the whole world as a witness Matt 24:14. http://minigoodtale.wordpress.com Prove all things.

    ReplyDelete