Thursday, October 11, 2012

Top o` the mornin' 09/17/12 Week 83

Top o` the mornin,
So, everything from sweet dogs herding sheep and chillin at the boise broncos stadium to antique cars and North Carolina. Sounds like the best week anyone could have! So the work is going along just fantastic. Love my area, my comp, the people, the gospel, it´s a fun time. We are scratchin and clawing for new investigators (figuratively) but the blessings always outweigh the troubles (which are also blessings, as Elder Eyring taught). Germán came to church on Sunday and attended Sacrament Meeting. He was looking pretty studly in his white shirt, slicked hair, and pressed pants. Luckily that day we had Ward Conference, so the Stake Presidente and his Counselors addressed us.......I´m pretty sure that Germán was super lossed with everything, since the topic of the day was "temples" something that we haven´t even mentioned yet. So, he probably didn´t understand anything, but he really enjoyed the meeting, (aka, felt the spirit, yeah!) so we will be visiting him throughout this week.
Have you seen the movie "17 miracles??" IT¨S INCREDIBLE. Today my comp and I bought like 4 kilos of fruit and a pizza, sat on our beds, and watched it. Nothing like p-day and a movie. Over 5 inches of low definition with surround sound. Classic.
My scriptural insight of the week can be found in Mormon 8:1-4. It´s incredible seeing the grand testimony that Moroni has of the Lord and of the record that he´s finishing.
1 Behold I, aMoroni, do finish the brecord of my father, Mormon. Behold, I have but few things to write, which things I have been commanded by my father.
2 And now it came to pass that after the agreat and tremendous battle at Cumorah, behold, the Nephites who had escaped into the country southward were hunted by the bLamanites, until they were all destroyed.
3 And my father also was killed by them, and I even aremain baloneto write the sad tale of the destruction of my people. But behold, they are gone, and I fulfil the commandment of my father. And whether they will slay me, I know not.
4 Therefore I will write and ahide up the records in the earth; and whither I go it mattereth not.
Asking ourselves the question "What would Moroni want us to do with the Book of Mormon today?" Putting the record as more important than his own life. Uncertain of his future, he demonstrates faithfulness to the commandments of God. I know that he would want each of us to share this book with others. Our friends, neighbors, and acquaintences, for all have need to come unto Christ. I´m so grateful for the Prophets of the Book of Mormon and all faithful saint that has shared this marvelous gospel. I know the book is true, and I know that it is evidence of so much more, including the restoration of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Mom, you could just put maple syrup and whatever else in the box, i´m a fan of surprises :)
I still haven´t recieved my card.....but i´ll be looking into that.
Elder Seger is still in the mission until November.....but is waiting anxiously for March haha.
Thanks so much for everything and be safe this week!! I love my family so much!! I miss you tons tons tons and can´t wait to see you. Until then, the work moves forward.
Elder Winger
p.s. The pictures are from today when we watched 17 miracles and our bathroom.....we have a problem with having like a million flies. We used a whole can of Raid to kill them....but they obviously aren´t dead.....pff, why does it always have to be THE BATHROOM????

No comments:

Post a Comment